Monday, January 3, 2011

Made it through the holidays without too many struggles

Numbers, numbers.....On Christmas Eve (before the festivities), I decided to weigh myself. Well, I reached my first goal. I was 295.6lbs! I was below 300! Merry Christmas to me. I was so excited that I was jumping around singing.

So, how'd I do through the holidays, you ask? Well, not too bad and not as good as I would have liked. How's that for honesty? I had my fair share of cheats, I'll admit. I ate to my hearts content on Christmas Day. I found that it took a lot less to fill me up than it would have 6 weeks prior to my journey. I guess that's a good thing. It was extremely difficult because of the holidays. There was extra eating-out, a Blackhawks game in the skybox, and all those darn cookies (YUM!). However, I kept trying to maintain healthier choices most of the time. So, I finally weighed myself last night again (Jan. 2) and wasn't expecting to be down (and maybe wouldn't have been shocked to see I had gained)...but to my delight, I was down another 2+ lbs. Officially (as of last night), I am 293.0lbs!. (a total of 18lbs in about 6 weeks).  Whoo hoo!

My next mini-goal is to get to 290lbs. (totally arbitrary, but it was what I weighed when I got pregnant with Logan 6years ago).  Only 3 more to go before I reach goal #2. Hmmm...maybe I'll start thinking about what mini-goal #3 will be.....

No comments:

Post a Comment