Well, as of yesterday...I have lost almost 24lbs. Whoo hoo!
That should make me feel great...however, I'm struggling a little. Here's why?
Last Thursday (8 days ago), I weighed 187.2. I was pretty happy with that. On Sunday, I weighed again (even though I knew I shouldn't because enough time hadn't lapsed since my last weigh in)...and I was up to 189.2. I felt terrible. I tried to ignore the fact that I even checked that day. In my mind I totally disregarded Sundays weight. I was ok with that. Well, the following Thurs (which was yesterday), I was 187.2. I guess it's good that I was not the 189, but then it seems like I didn't lose any in the last week...since that's exactly what I was last Thursday.
I realize that the weight loss results I've seen so far won't continue all the time. Those first 20lbs were so easy...and now I feel like it's plateaued a little. I'm sure this is some type of karma thing. I said I was going to start exercising after the first of the year. Well, here we are 21 days into the new year, and I haven't done it yet. lol! Honestly, I'm not surprised. It's freezing (someone told me -11 out there, but not sure if that's true...but definitely one of the coldest days), there's ice/snow all over. Who wants to go out and walk in that? ok, ok, ok....there are people who do it....but not me. Between my crazy foot pain, the cold weather, the ice/snow, and the already lack-of-desire...it's just not happening. I think reading in my nice warm house and rocking in my super comfy chair sounds like a lot more desirable. oh well!
I'm hoping that by next Thursday I've lost something. I'm afraid that a couple weeks with no weight loss could make me so discouraged, that I give up.
On the good side, I started testing my blood sugars (only about once a day), and they've all been good.
No comments:
Post a Comment