Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Clothes and goals

Clothing and shopping for clothes. Even though I've been "big boned" for years and had to shop at Plus-sized stores for my clothing...it seems to have reached a new level. This is part of my motivation, as well.

Lane Bryant does not carry clothes large enough to fit me...at least not at my comfort level. I could probably get the items on, but they'd be tighter than I would like. 

I basically have to get my clothes at Fashion Bug. They have a pretty good plus dept. I like my tops big and baggy, so I usually wear a size 30/32. Not all styles come in this size. Once in awhile, I can find tops at Walmart, which I like for my every-day "play" clothes. With kids, I'm bound to get messy, so I don't really want expensive clothes. Catherine's is another store that carries clothing in my size, but I think it has an older demographic. Some of my dressier clothes do come from there. 

One of my early goals is to lose enough weight that I can buy clothes anywhere. In today's society, most regular department stores carry plus-sized clothing up to size 26/28. This is only one size below what I'm wearing now...so it's very attainable.

Actually, my reward for losing (and I haven't yet set the amount/size/etc) is going to be to purchase a pair of cute boots. It may sound crazy, but my calves are too fat to get into most boots....and I LOVE them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment