Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Introduction

This is my first attempt at a blog. I don't really know why I want to write one. I think it's theraputic. At this point...it's really just for me (unless you're reading it).

So, who am I? (nothing philosophical here, just an intro)

I am 33 and fat! I'm not one to mince words....there it is...morbidly obese....cow-sized, if you will. My whole family is fat: Mom, Dad, and Brother. I even married a fat man. The only saving grace is my children. They are not fat. I remember a time we all went somewhere together. My brother, John told a woman who was about to get into an elevator (weight limit 3000lbs) that she might want to wait for the next one, because we had probably maxed out the limit. I guess he and I have something in common....humor.

I'm fat and always have been. (Well, when I look at pics of when I was a kid or teenager I wasn't THAT fat...but certainly "bigger boned" than any of the other twigs I went to school with). The strange thing is...that I haven't really cared. I never had a problem with boyfriends, making friends, or being happy. I was the life of the party! With the exception of shopping...I didn't mind being obese (man, do I HATE that word).

About a year ago, I was seeing my general practitioner for something unrelated...and of course...weight loss quickly became a topic. I looked her straight in the face and said, "Is there anything wrong with being 300lbs and honestly not caring one hoot about it?" I think I had stumped her on that one.

So...why? Why let myself get this way? It's not like I weighed 220, 250, and 270lbs and didn't realize this was a terrible idea. So, how'd it happen? Well, I don't really know! I can sum it up with 2 things: 1. I'm lazy and hate moving and 2. I love (I mean, LOVE) to eat. I mean...who doesn't, right? (at this point, I'm tempted to get into the psychology behind this, but I'll save that for another entry).

So...what's going on now that causes me to start a blog, you ask???? (Look at the title....can you guess I'm starting to eat healthier)  Well, many things....but I think right now, what's motivating me...boils down to a dare. Yes, 33 years of sugar, junk food, and CARBS suddenly cease (mostly) to exist in my life due to a stupid child-like DARE! (I'll get to the details in a later entry).

Time for some brutal honesty (it's scary):
Current height 5'6"    Current weight: 311lbs   Current BMI: I don't think the chart goes that far. abt. 50ish

With the exception of my height...I haven't shared these numbers with too many people. My all time high (that I know of) was 317 (that was in the fall of 2004, I think).

I guess I'll stop here for now...and put all the rest of my ideas, thoughts, and stories in separate entries. If you've made it this far....you really have too much time on your hands! Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment