I don't own a scale. I know that seems strange, and I'm looking into getting a digital one designed for heavier people...but will probably wait until after Christmas due to a shortage of funds. At my doctor's appointment (the one who ordered all the tests) which was Nov. 18th I weighed 311lbs.
I used my parents scale (Dec. 8) and I was probably wearing slightly heavier clothing (every bit counts, right?)...I weighed about 308lbs. It's hard to really gauge how much I've lost since Nov. 18th since they are different scales. It's also hard to know because my parents' scale is not digital...and to lean over to read it, I have to bend (to see over the protruding belly)...which then makes the needle kinda wobble back and forth. That's about a lb. a week...which isn't bad considering one of those weeks was Thanksgiving...oh...and I'm not exercising (read the entry about it...I HATE it). Also, I have an appointment to see a regular endocrinologist Dec. 20th. I think I'll be put on some meds that will help the IR which will make it easier to lose weight. I've read that it is nearly impossible to lose weight with uncontrolled IR....not sure if it's true...but it sounds good to me. Hopefully, after I start on that...the weight will magically melt away.
No comments:
Post a Comment