Wednesday, December 8, 2010

How many Logans?

After realizing that I weigh over 300lbs, I started to think about my younger son, Logan. Logan is 5 and weighs just about 50lbs. Logan is heavy. I don't like to carry him anywhere. He can sit on my lap, I can even lift him up and hug him....but I hardly ever pick him up and walk anywhere with him. He's just too heavy now. It's not easy.

Well, let's say that I carry 3 extra "Logans" on my body every day and everywhere I go (and that's already bumping me up to 150lbs to start with).  That's a lot of Logans to carry around. I started to think that my laziness may be directly related to how many Logans I carry.

If I gave my perfectly healthy friend, who works out regularly....3 Logans (meaning 150lbs) in a sack and she had to do EVERYTHING while carrying that extra weight....how much do you think she'd feel inclined to do? Not much. And of course, in my case...it's not just a sack...but infiltrating all my tissues and organs. It almost makes me sick to think about it!

So, my weight loss steps are "Logans". My first goal is to get under that 300lb. mark. Then after that....I want to lose 1 "Logan" (of course, not the REAL one...he's here for another 13 years at least). When I reach that goal....my next goal is to lose another "Logan". At that point, I will be at 200lbs or under. That's a long way away at this point. I'll have to set new goals at that point. For now...it works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment