In my first entry, I tell the story about asking my general doctor if it was ok to be fat. A few days after that appointment, I was coincidentally taking one of the boys to see their pediatrician. I was telling him what I had asked my doctor.
He laughed and said You go tell you're doctor that you're not too fat. I said so! Tell her that because of your attitude and outlook toward life, that you will live an additional 20years...that means more to longevity than weight.
I could hardly believe my ears. An actual doctor (who I had known for years, because he was my pediatrician when I was a kid) telling me it's OK to be fat. I wanted to kiss him right then and there. He went on to say something else that I just must share:
You are not fat. You were just born at the wrong time. Throughout mankind up until very recently, someone like you was the epitome of beauty. Someone who was hearty and wealthy enough to eat. Someone who didn't have to do manual labor. Someone who was an icon of fertility, wealth, and health. 200 years in the future, there will be genetic engineering to alter your predisposition to being overweight. So, you're not fat...just born in the wrong century.
No comments:
Post a Comment